Times are changing. Gone are the days of elaborate, cluttered, flashy websites and here are the times of simple and sleek web design. And to be honest, we think the simple & sleek style is here to stay. Did you know that according to Kissmetrics.com, 47% of internet users expect your web page to load in 2 seconds or less and 40% of people will leave a website if it takes more than 3 seconds to load? Well, believe it or not, these are the things that you should know. These are the little things that may be negatively affecting your website traffic and inevitably your business. In addition to improving your loading time and having a great web host, there are so many other things that you can do to make sure that your website stands out among the rest of them. Here are a few suggestions:
Keep It Simple
- Try your best to stay away from clutter. Think about it from the customer’s point of view. If you were the customer visiting the site? What are the things that you would want to know? After answering those questions, organize them in a clean, simple, and organized way. Remember having a great website means not only advertising your business but keeping the user’s experience in mind.
- An introductory video can be a great addition to your home page. Videos are often more captivating than any amount of words can be. Use a brief video to share some of your businesses values, ideas, goals, and services. Take the time to tell your story. Give your customer a reason to believe in your business.
- People listen to other people. When it comes to your business, you are no exception to this rule. If you have testimonials display a few of them on your website. This helps to reinsure customers that you are credible, experienced and knowledgeable in your field or industry.
- Adding a blog to your website is a surefire way to increase traffic. Blogging allows you to have continuous interaction with your customers and increases trust and loyalty. Keeping a blog allows you to demonstrate the knowledge of your industry and promotes your business with the shareable content that you create.
- Many businesses make the choice of having a contact information page, which is good but not great. If you really want to focus on customer satisfaction, why not have your contact information readily available on each page of your website. Your potential customer shouldn’t have to dig for that information, help them help you.
If you’re not sure how to design your website or you need some assistance with building a reputable blog, we’ve got you covered. Directive Consulting is committed to providing quality digital marketing to our customers. Give us a call at (949) 214-4024 for a free consultation. We can’t wait to get you the results that you deserve.