Best Digital Marketing Resources
There are countless digital marketing resources on the web. Knowing which ones to trust can be challenging. In this lesson, we’ll share with you some of the most highly respected & trustworthy digital marketing resources so that you can stay up-to-date on industry trends & best practices.
Key points you can
learn in this lesson.
News & Information
Understand the importance of staying up to date with digital marketing news and information.
Industry Trends & Tactics
Learn where to find all the best resources for staying up to date on industry trends and tactics.
Discover where to find additional support if you’re hitting roadblocks.
Our key metrics increased. More importantly, we implemented a lot of new tactics and test scenarios, which will boost our company’s future prospects.
In this lesson, we will be going over some of our favorite sources of information in the industry. We will also be listing resources on where to find support in case you get stuck.
Why is this important?
If you’re not paying attention to what is happening now and the direction of where the industry is going, you will fall behind incredibly fast. It’s absolutely important to stay up to date in a rapidly changing industry. Both big and small updates may drastically change your strategies and tactics.
In fact, Google is notorious for making surprise algorithm updates. This holds true to some other platforms as well. To be successful in this industry, “be like water”. Bruce Lee’s philosophy in martial arts is very applicable in digital marketing as well. Be adaptable, open, and flexible to new information and make it a goal to learn something new every day.
What you’ll need:
Scrolling through a ton of information each day can be overwhelming. We highly recommend using an app to bookmark and save content later for when your brain is ready to consume it. You can definitely use your browser by creating a folder, however, that can be cumbersome when it comes to mobile. We recommend using a read-it-later app such as Pocket or Evernote.
Directive’s Favorites Resources:
- Search Engine Journal
- Search Engine Journal covers the latest news in the industry. With a community-based approach, SEJ provides a collection of valuable insights from search marketing experts. They also cover search marketing best practices that are crucial to those starting out on their marketing journey.
- Search Engine Land
- Search Engine Land’s coverage includes breaking stories, industry trends, feature announcements and product changes at popular platforms used by search marketers to reach consumers online. Similar to Search Engine Journal, they also provide analysis, advice, tips, tactics and how-to guides for search marketing.
- Search Engine Roundtable
- Search Engine Roundtable is unique because they locate the most interesting threads covered at the SEM forums and provide that content to help you save valuable time in finding search marketing gems. There’s a ton of good stuff here that you will definitely find valuable.
Tactics, Tips, and Strategies:
- The Moz Blog is a great source for advice, research, how-tos, and insights from top experts in the industry. Moz is a behemoth in the industry and provides some of the best marketing content online for all varying levels of search marketing expertise. We highly recommend checking out their Whiteboard Fridays.
- Brian Dean of Backlinko is the master at creating in-depth, research-backed SEO guides that are helpful for both beginner and expert SEOs. If you’re looking for step-by-step guides on how to do high impact tactics and strategies, this is the place to go.
- Ahrefs is another behemoth in the industry whose blog is just as robust as its software. Similar to Backlinko, Ahrefs’ blog provides detailed tutorials, case studies, and opinion pieces from marketing practitioners and industry experts alike. They are the king of evergreen content that is consistently updated and revised to make sure their guides are up-to-date.
- PPC Hero
- PPC Hero makes learning PPC fun and entertaining with their data-backed tactics and helpful strategies developed by the Hanapin Marketing team. Beginners and experts alike in the PPC field will find resources to help them navigate the world of PPC.
- The Unbounce blog is a gold mine of landing page conversion optimization tips and tricks. Their blog is an excellent source of landing page best practices for lead gen and provides examples of landing pages that convert well. This is a great resource for both practitioners with design experience and zero design expertise.
- WordStream publishes a variety of content related to content marketing, mobile advertising, sales, and affiliate marketing. They have a separate section for PPC where you can learn all the aspects of PPC irrespective of whether you are a beginner or a professional.
- Directive Blog
- Last but not least, we have to throw in our company blog filled with valuable insights from our talented and amazing leaders. You will also find proven (and data-backed) SEO, PPC, and CRO tactics that have worked for our clients. If you’re a bit further down in your marketing journey as a demand generation or a marketing manager, we highly recommend checking our in-depth guides.
Thanks for checking out our preview. Get full access to every lesson for only $99.